A Premiere Girls’ Institution in Uttar Pardesh. Raghunath Girls’ Post-Graduate College is situated in the urban heart of the city of Meerut where the pursuit of learning is taken seriously. Ranked No. 1 by the UP Government in 1994, the College was accredited with ‘A’ in 2011 and re-accredited with grade ‘A’ in 2016 with CGPA 3.13. The college has been conferred with the status of College of Excellence in 2014 by UGC.
Rising to its present stature from very humble beginnings, Raghunath Girls’ Post-Graduate College was founded in 1929 by Shrimati Kripa Devi in memory of her late husband, Lala Raghunath Ji under the Kripa Devi Trust Fund as a small school in an area of 2.95 acres. It became a high school in 1932, an intemediate secondary school in 1936. In 1948, it became a graduate college in Humanities and in 1958 the Science stream was intoduced. It acquired the Post-Graduate status in Humanities in 1959 and in Science in 1982. Commerce at the graduate level was established in 1993 and post-graduation in 2005. The college also offers vocational courses in Food Science & Quality Control, Computer application granted by the UGC. Since 2015-16, Yogic Science, Clinical Psychology and Information Technology have been granted under PMKY. All the departments are equipped with e-classrooms of their own.
Management & Governance : The college has a prestigious & erudite managing committee, Prof. Satish Chandra, former Chairman, UGC, is presently the President and Dr. Manmohan Nath Seth & Dr. Rahul Mittal are Secretary & Joint Secretary respectively.
Faculty and Students : The college is committed to being a community that fearlessly pursues excellence, invests in developing well groomed students and prepares them to make a differnce in the world. It has an outstanding & dynamic faculty comprised of permanent, ad-hoc, contractual and guest teachers. The college has 114 teachers, 73 of them have doctorate degrees and the rest are striving towards it. The number of students is 4371. Special facilities are provided to research scholars. At present their no. is 30. The college has efficient 21 administerial staff and 41 support staff as well.
Hostel : A three floor, 250 beded girls’ hostel with a well-equipped mess stands in the college campus with all modern amenities which ensure the security and well-being of students coming from distant corners of the state. This hostel was inaugrated by the Honourable first President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, on 3rd January 1961. The Goddess of learning Maa Saraswati and Lord Shiva are enshrined in temples within the hostel campus. It has a book store, a PCO and photo copying facility for the students.
Library : The college is proud of its well-equipped library, spread across four floors, comprising a journal room, a research section, a students’ reading room and a book bank with a fully computerized open access system. It has around one lakh books under lending, text books and reference books with 65000 titles, 4300 bound journals and subscriptions to 89 Indian and International journals, 37magazines and 15 newspapers. It provides access to e-Journals, INFLIBNET & DELNET. It also has photocopying facility for the students.
Auditorium : Facilitating presentation in terms of sound and backdrop. The auditorium is centrally air conditioned and has 400 seats on the ground and first floor. It has a full screen facility to showcase films & documentaries.
Office : The office of the college is computerised & is manned by an efficient team of administerial staff.